Alexandra (Alexi) Brueckner, MS, ATR-BC, LCAT, NYS Lic. # 001261
We can do Talk Therapy, and I also specialize in Art Therapy. Art Therapy is a type of psychotherapy during which making visual art is used. We work through challenges using art-making and creativity to problem solve, to find relief in expressing our feelings and thoughts, and we sometimes don’t even have to use a lot of words during the session because we’re expressing all we need through what we are making. This takes a lot of pressure off of having to “talk about it” (referring to talking about whatever problem you might be coming to therapy with).
I will provide you with a judgement-free zone where you can explore life choices and lead a more satisfying and authentic life.
TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT OR ASK A QUESTION:
Here’s some of my info:
My Professional Experience:
- Master’s Level, NYS Licensed Clinician (Creative Arts Therapy)
- Over 12 years of Clinical Experience treating Mental Illness, Addictions, and Trauma within institutional and private settings, working with adults, adolescents, and incarcerated individuals within the correctional setting
- Supervisory Experience with students and clinicians
- 2.5 years performing in the capacity of a social worker at a Residential Treatment Facility
- Additional skills working with children, teens, and adults with developmental disabilities
- Currently enrolled in the Licensure Qualifying program for Psychoanalysis at the Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy Study Center
- Certificate in Ericksonian Hypnosis, level I
- Certificate in Trauma-Focused CBT
- Practicing Artist with exhibition experience in New York City, Charleston, SC, and Westchester County, NY